What tourists are saying about Sungai Wang Plaza
“A shopping haven in KL”
Sungei Wang is a MUST Visit shopping destination in your holiday in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
Where else can you find a locally owned small business offering all kinds of everything included local fashion designers cloths, famous tailoring in town, local tidbits, dried foods and souvenir, grooming and beauty services, endorsed tattoo services, local food restaurants, the lowest rate money changer, handicraft and from daily grocer to departmental store, all under one roof.
Sungei wang is walkable, well connecting with local train and public transportation and a “one stop shopping centre” for everything you need in your trip.
Visited November 2015
“Everything under one roof!”
What do you want here you have it
1. Parkson is here (girls heaven)
2. Giant is here (supermarket)
3. Gadget everywhere
4. Sushi everywhere
5. Bags, wallet, clothes, merchandise everywhere
Many other things
Lots of hotel nearby its very much walking distance for every bukit bintang hotel.
Visited October 2015
“The local flavour”
You almost will heave a sigh of relief upon entering this mall. That is primarily due to the fact that it does not house those exorbitantly prices brands as the Suria and other upscale malls.
This is a fantastic place to shop for non branded stuff. This is the mall locals come to for shopping. Has almost everything including clothes, bags, makeup, accessories etc. Place is full of salons and other beauty treatment shops. The mall also offers a lot of eating options.
One thing you have to be cautious of..the place is huge. So please don’t go shortlisting stuff, planning to buy on your way back. It’s better to pick up the stuff that you like and move on. You might just be too tired or disoriented to come back to the shop where you had shortlisted the stuff.
Must go once. You won’t regret it.
Visited September 2015
“Mall with a variety”
Being an older mall, it has a quaint ambience to it, compared to the other glitzy malls in the Bukit Bintang area.
Located at the doorstep of the Bukit Bintang station, it is air-conditioned and well maintained. Fast food, local food, Giant supermarket, pharmacy, money-changer, touristy-things shops, clothes and the like.
If you need a basic necessity, chances are that you’ll get it here.
Visited September 2015
“Some good local products, not one of the upmarket malls”
Tired from doing the malls we stubbled off Jalan Sultan Ismail into Sungei Wang Plaza and into the hands of Foot beauty concept. My husband was the first to succumb to a pedicure so I agreed to a foot massage.
It was a great relief from the hours of walking around the shopping precincts of KL. We were a bit too tired to keep looking but I managed to buy two pair of sandals for around A$18 each and they are comfortable and fun.
Next time I’d head here and forget the big name malls who have the same shops and are selling all the same stuff we can get at home for the same price. KL is not a shopping destination in September 2015.
Visited September 2015
Source: Tripadvisor – Sungai Wang Plaza
About Sungai Wang Plaza Shopping Mall
Sungai Wang Plaza (Chinese: 金河廣場) is one of the most popular shopping malls in Kuala Lumpur.
Situated in Bukit Bintang in the Golden Triangle area, Sungai Wang Plaza offers an alternative to some of the popular shopping malls around in the area such as the Berjaya Times Square, Lot 10, Starhill Gallery and Pavilion KL.
Even though Sungai Wang Plaza may not be the biggest and grandest among the malls in Bukit Bintang, it’s one of the most visited malls in the city. The traffic volume of visitors to Sungai Wang Plaza has sometimes even surpassed that of Berjaya Times Square especially during weekend.
Why must visit
The attractions of Sungai Wang Plaza lie in the fact that the mall is reputed to be a place for bargain-priced products and services.
The number of stores at the Sungai Wang Plaza has grown to more than 500 now with a variety of them selling products and services ranging from the latest hand phones, laptops, desktop computers, hardware, software, handset accessories and all kinds of technology related gadgets.
Why is the mall popular among tourists
Sungai Wang Plaza is definitely the place to go for those who are into technology. Most of the floors in the mall are dedicated to computers and gadgets.
Some top floors were recently refurbished and are now home to specialty outlets like toy shops, pet shop and a trading card game store. If you are looking for new mobile phones, there are numerous stalls set up mainly for this purpose.
Do shop around before settling for one as you could get a good bargain if you put in the effort.
Other than getting bargained gadgets such as hand phones and laptops, the plaza is also a well-known place for getting your broken laptop and handset repaired.
For those who are looking for bargains
There are numerous shops around that offer personal computers, hardware, watches, hand phones and laptops repairing services.
Getting a second hand or used handsets or other sophisticated gadgets here is no big deals as there are many stores that not only sell the latest and trendiest gadgets but also used and bargained items.
Other major shopping malls located nearby are Lot 10, Berjaya Times Square, Imbi Plaza, Low Yat Plaza, KL Plaza and Starhill Gallery.
Its main anchor tenant is Parkson. Located adjacent to Sungei Wang Plaza is Bukit Bintang Plaza.
Sungei Wang Plaza is accessible via monorail at the Imbi or Bukit Bintang monorail station.
I have compiled a list of hotels in KL with rates that you can’t resist!
Nearby attractions in KL that you might be interested
- Merdeka Square – Attractions include Saint Mary’s Cathedral, Royal Selangor Club, Sultan Abdul Samad Building, Central Market and National History Museum.
- Kuala Lumpur Fish Head Noodles – Have you tried fish head noodle before? This is probably one of the most delicious fish head noodle in KL.
- A Romantique Rendezvous at Berjaya Hills – Been to Kota Tinggi? Why not have a romantic stay at the Berjaya Hills resort for the weekend. Kota Tinggi is a highland township that is famous for its cool climate as well as beautiful scenery.
- Kuala Lumpur Lake Gardens – The Lake Garden is the only and probably the largest park in the city. The park is the some of several remaining places in KL with natural environment that features attractions such as the Bird Park, Butterfly Park, Orchid Garden, National Planetarium, National Monument and the Carcosa Seri Negara.
- The Golden Triangle of KL – The Golden Triangle is a modern and stylish district with 5-star premier hotels, including the Mandarin Oriental and shopping malls such as Pavilion KL, Sungai Wang Plaza and Berjaya Time Squares.
- Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC) – Attractions here include Suria KLCC, KLCC Park, Aquaria KLCC, and of course the magnificent Petronas Towers.
- Chinatown – One of the most famous would be the Petaling Street Market. You can find many other attractions within the Chinatown enclave such as the Sri Maha Mariamman Temple, Chan See Shu Yuen Temple, Sze Ya Temple, a Sikh temple, a Gospel church as well as the famous Islamic mosque, Masjid Jamek.