About the Line Clear Nasi Kandar in Penang
Another famous nasi kandar restaurant in Penang is called Line Clear located in Penang Street. This stall has been around for over 45 years and serves the best nasi kandar in town.
If you are heading there for lunch or dinner, you better reach there earlier or else you will need to line up in a long queue.
How Line Clear got its name
The origin of the name Line Clear was through the practice of workers shouting “Line clear!” to indicate that a bill had been settled and the table cleared.
Although the workers of Line Clear are no longer practicing it, the tables still get cleared as soon as customers are done with their meal and leave the restaurant.
What to eat at Line Clear
The signature dish here is of course the nasi kandar which comes with a variety of flavors and dishes which includes the curries, beef rendang, honey chicken, curry prawns, fried fish roe and vegetables.
With so many varieties to choose from, you can just point at what you want and the workers will pile it onto your choice of briyani or white rice.
The recommendation is tomato rice but it runs out pretty quick. Therefore, just get there earlier.
The price of a normal meal that comes with honey chicken, beef rending and vegetables costs around RM6. So that’s not too bad for a lunch or a dinner.
24/7 and close during Hari Raya.
Getting to Line Clear
The stall is located in a small, narrow lane off Penang Road. It is right across Argyll Road, just after the Chulia Street junction.
Popular Indian Muslim Food in Penang That You Might Be Interested
- Mee Sultan’s Pasembur – Mee Sultan is a stall that serves the best pasembur in Penang due to its unique peanut gravy. In addition, the stall also offers mee rebus and mee goring which is among the best on the island. Find out more about the delicious pasembur at Mee Sultan here.
- Kampung Melayu Nasi Kandar – The Kampung Melayu Nasi Kandar serves one of the best nasi kandar in Penang. Find out more here why this restaurant is so famous for its divine signature dishes that our former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohd as well as Abdullah Ahmad Badawi is some of the VIP regulars of this restaurant.
- Hameediyah Restaurant – This century-old restaurant in Penang serves the best murtabak ever found in Malaysia. If you are a fan of murtabak, this deliciously done larger version of Indian pancake that is packed with curry flavored minced meat is certainly the way to go for a sumptuous breakfast or lunch.
- Sheikh Usman Gerai Roti Canai – Head out to Sheikh Usman Gerai Roti Canai at Argyll Road which serves the best roti-telur (egg pancake) and beef curry combination. Although the curry is a bit spicy, it tastes excellent when it goes with the roti-telur.
- Bangkok Lane Mee Goreng – Like fried noodle? Then you should try the mee goreng (fried noodle) at Bangkok Lane Mee Goreng which is considered one of the best in Penang. The secret of this deliciously made mee goreng lies in the recipe that has been passed down over several generations.